Friday 15 June 2007

The Wish list

I've had the SV 6 days now and already i'm looking at upgrades.

A new end can: most of these seem to require the exhaust to be chopped before they're installed, which is something I'm always wary of. The contenders are currently;

Scorpion

Scorpion have a great range of products, and the one I've got my eye on most is the Oval, though the street extreme or Carbon Fibre models have a certain appeal.

Akrapovic
Akrapovic have a limited supply for the SV, and sell whole systems only. They sound amazing though.

Carbon Can Company
CCC are sold mainly through ebay at the moment, though they are a lot cheaper than the competition. Well worth considering. A friend has just fitted one and i'm waiting for a little tester.

Blue Flame

I just love the double breathing Oval or the Evo 3. Pricey though, but worth it.

The desicion on these is going to be based on budget at the time over anything else sadly, but anything I get will undoubtedly be upgraded over time.

A new Screen: There's a multitude of screen maunfactures out there, but the name I hear again and again is Fabbri. It's going to be a double bubble, but do I go for Clear, dark, iridium, blue? (Ok, no one would have blue unless they were a bit simple)

Heated Grips: Ok, so I'm a pussy. Again, the word on the street is all for one brand. Oxford. Used them on a friends borrowed CBF, toasty warm.

New Lid: This is already on it's way. I've gone for the Caberg Justissimo frontal opening, sun visor, affordable and above all else, comfortable. Matt Black is the only colour a lid should be.

New Boots: Again, already on their way. Frank Thomas Aqua Sprint. Unbeatable comfort and waterproofness. No fiddly zips either for us fat fingered types.

New Gloves: No idea about theses yet. I have some cheap, clunky summer gloves at present, which I wore throughout winter, but the lining is beginning to fail so further investment required. Happy to take some glove advice.

Luggage: I'm in the market for a Tank Bag and Tail pack. J&S do a lot of good luggage deals, but nothing beats a hands on review from someone using them.

That's probably it for the moment, but there'll be more. There's always more.

No comments: